Friday 10 August 2012

Plaiting Onions

After leaving the Onions to dry out in the small greenhouse over the last few weeks, last weekend I finally got around to trying out how to plait these, now I've never done this before, as this is my first batch of Onions, but I thought plaiting them would be better than just storing them in a bag.

Having consulted my garden books, it looked like plaiting was the best way to store them, but they didn't explain how, so off I went to the internet, as always this is a great place to find a few videos of people demonstrating this, and I found a great video called HOW TO PLAIT ONIONS which really helped me.

                                                                     Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: August 2012

It took a while and a few attempts at starting the batches off, but I finally managed to plait two batches of Onions, a small and large version. I'm very proud of them and they are currently hang up and waiting to be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment