Sunday 17 June 2012

Onions Almost Ready to Harvest

Last October I planted the Onion sets I bought outside on the balcony, these have been over wintered and growing ever since. I noticed over the last few months that the Onions have been developing just above the soil and they've been getting bigger and bigger every time I've popped out to check.

                                                                                  Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: June 2012

Today I couldn't wait any longer and I harvested the first of the Onions for drying out. I carefully used a trowel to take out the six biggest just to see how they do, leaving the rest to continue to grow. I've left the lifted Onions on top of the mini-greenhouse, to dry out for the next week or so and then I'll hopefully be able to store and eat them soon.

                                                                  Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment